Soon the Museum of Cosmonautics will become even more comfortable and interesting!
From September 17 to October 17, the museum entrance group will be modernized, which includes major repairs of floors, cable routing for new exposition equipment, partial dismantling of glass partitions and assemblage of Gerhard Mercator map.
Working hours of the Museum of Cosmonautics for the period of modernization
- From September 17 to September 21 the Museum of Cosmonautics will be closed.
- On September 22 and 23 the Museum will work from 10:00 till 18:00.
- From 24 September the Museum will work normally.
- From October 15 to September 17 the Museum of Cosmonautics will be closed.
- From October 18 the Museum will work normally.
Dear visitors, we ask you to familiarize yourself with new visiting rules and museum navigation:
- We draw your attention that you can enter and exit museum through different stairways (you will be guided by map, external and internal navigation).
- The museum entrance is located to the left of the monument to Konstantin Tsiolkovsky. Outdoor navigation will help you find the monument and the internal navigation will help you to find the exit.
- People with disabilities can enter the museum through the service entrance.
- Floor navigation will help you to navigate around the museum exhibition halls.
- Common toilets for men and women are located on the first floor of the museum exposition.
For all questions, please contact the museum staff. We will be glad to help you!
The temporary entrance is located on the opposite side of the Museum, next to the monument to Konstantin Tsiolkovsky.
Purchase museum tickets
Tickets can be purchased on our website or at Museum’s ticket office. You can book you guided tour by phone: +7 499 750-23-00 (ext. 1017).
The exhibition hall "The Morning of the Space Era" is designed to arouse museum visitors’ pride and admiration of the historical achievements of the Soviet people in space exploration in 1960s-1970s.
The purpose of modernization is to create a new exposition, corresponding to the greatness of the theme, develop a new approach to present information and visual content, create a space with comfortable route for individual visitors, using modern materials, new artistic techniques and light-color solutions.
The second stage of modernization is planned for February-March 2019. It will include the development of the new exposition with new exhibits and exposition equipment, restoration of the stained-glass window, new color-light and sound design of the exhibition hall.
See you under the rocket,
Your Museum of Cosmonautics.